This week I share all the tips and resources I use to coach myself when I feel overwhelmed or if I need to take an important decision.
You can listen to the episode here.
- Coaching is a thought-provoking and creative process done in a safe environment
- Self-coaching is about reproducing this process on your own
- First identify the goal of the self-coaching session, then define the success criteria: how will you know it is successful?
- Then ask yourself “what needs to happen?”
- Don’t stop at the first answer, keep digging with “what else?”
- At the end, decide actions you want to take
- Share what you discovered with people you trust
Some questions you can use to coach yourself
- What is important for you?
- What’s the purpose?
- What does it mean to you?
- What are you the most proud of?
- How do you feel about (XYZ)?
- What did you learn from (XYZ)?
- What could you do differently next time?
- What do you want to do about it?
- What are you going to do first?
- What do you want to achieve?
- How do you want to get there?
- What resources do you need? What else?
- Who can support you?
- What are your options?
- What is under your control? What is out of your control?
- What do you want to change?
- What would you try now if you knew you could not fail?
- What’s the worst that can happen, and how will you handle that?
- What’s the first step you need to take to reach your goal?
- What do you need in order to succeed?
- What is stopping you from doing (XYZ)?
- What does success look like?